However, sandstone found its application in a multitude of areas like for making garden benches, fountains, sculptures, decorative items, etc., but its most popular use could be seen for the purpose of paving. Sandstone, being a stone of high strength and durability is considered ideal for making pavements. Here are some more reasons that make sandstone an ideal stone for the purpose of paving:
- Price is one of the most important considerations in any work,
especially in a task like paving, which involves the use of stones in
large numbers. Sandstone is quite an affordable stone, hence appropriate
- Sandstones are inherently waterproof and weather resistant by their
very nature. The sedimentation process in nature is responsible for
their formation, which provides them this strength.
- Sandstone is a very versatile stone, which is available in beautiful
shades and neutral colors including brown and tan shades. Also,
sandstone paving can be used both inside and outside the house owing to
its hard wearing nature.
- Sandstone paving compliments both contemporary and traditional
building or home styles. The natural sandstone pavings are timeless and
classic in appeal.
- Sandstone pavings are eye-catching by their very appearance. They look stunning, irrespective of the designs and patterns carved on them. Nowadays, sandstone is being widely used for interior flooring and paving purposes also because of its attractive quality.